Thursday, July 1, 2010

Saying good-bye. Saying hello.


The end of the school year always brings changes and new adventures.  This year is a particularly significant one for me.  Yesterday I handed back the keys to the library I had managed for the past 12 1/2 years.  But while I will enjoy the pension checks rolling in I'm not quite ready to call myself retired.

I haven't finished learning and exploring, sharing and collaborating.  While I'm not about to take up hang gliding or learn a foreign language I find the world of social media in education intriguing.  My intention is to continue writing here as I learn new things or have worthwhile information to pass on.  The summer may see a bit of a hiatus.  I'm not sure if the focus of the blog will change a little, or expand to include new adventures.  Hands up if you really want to hear about my upcoming trip to South Korea.

I have been blessed and overwhelmed by the number of greetings, good wishes and celebrations that helped me see out my final month of working for the school district.  Everyone should have that experience!  Thank you all.

I wish you a restorative, adventurous summer.  I'll be back.
Let me know if you need a consultant.  :)

Photo used under a creative commons license from bryanh
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanh/4736644811/sizes/z/in/set-72157624240068977/

2 comments:

Ann Oro said...

Congratulations on your shift from the library. I'm glad you're not hanging up your hat just yet!
Ann

Lesley Edwards said...

Thanks Ann, I think it's in my blood! No separation anxiety here, just full steam ahead. :)