Saturday, May 12, 2007

"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula K. LeGuin

I've been travelling for work lately, which I love, although it imposes time strictures on the other parts of my life. As the year draws to a close there is always so much more I want to do but know I won't have the time for. I hope that the really great ideas will still appeal to me come September. The library is about to be taken over by cataloguers who will transport it from the days of cards and pockets into the 21st century. As with all changes it will bring a sense of progress and empowerment not without its own challenges. The weeding is finished, a task both rewarding and heartbreaking. Plans are in place to replenish the shelves, always a challenge with limited funds. The timing is perfect with minimal impact on classes and students. A new set of skills and vocabulary present themselves. So here's to next year's new system, in a freshly painted space with a new administrator in the school.

No comments: