Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wikis and Podcasts

I have been lured away this week to play with wikis and podcasts. The mike for my computer arrived and I tracked down the perfect student to help with GarageBand, the one who will make a great teacher someday: patient and knows how to dole out information in small doses. I made my first sample book review podcast. When it's refined I will take the next step and learn how to export and publish it before I set out in search of a teacher who is willing to lend me some students to give it a try. I also started a wiki with some colleagues. I'm finding it a much steeper learning curve than getting a blog started and it really helps to know a little HTML. But, I can see the advantages a wiki has over a blog for doing some effective online collaboration. Stay tuned!

No comments: