Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tag, you're it!

Always looking for new ways to pass on interesting and useful sites to staff, I have decided to make better use of del.icio.us. In the past I have set up email lists for each department and regularly pass on great sites. If I make better use of tags in del.icio.us I can add to lists for each subject area, give the URLs for those lists to staff and from time to time remind them to check the lists. My biggest challenge is going to be using tags effectively and in fact remembering to use them at all. I notice they are sadly lacking from a number of posts in this blog! Hmm, I wonder if del.icio.us could be used by a group? Why not share the log-in and password and have several individuals adding their great finds? Sounds like a great proposal for the secondary librarians group I belong to.

No comments: