Friday, January 11, 2008

Taking a Break

A month has gone by since my last post. This gap was not entirely intentional although I tried very hard to take a real break over the Christmas holidays and am now playing catch-up. I came back to almost 500 new items in my RSS feed. I tend to believe that there will be one or two gems worth digging for so have dutifully scanned through the lot.

I have taken some time to reflect on the pros and cons of keeping this blog going.
Time of course is a big factor on the Con side. However there are a number of Pros:

- this blog serves as a record of where I have been
- it puts me in touch with like-minded colleagues
- it serves as a storage place for ideas
- it helps me sift through things and chart a course

Random Thoughts:

The most popular book in the library this week by a country mile is Rat Boy Lives! by David Perel & the Editors of the Weekly World News.

Favourite books read over the holiday: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. I think both will be snapped up by the film industry if the writer's ever get back to the job.

What I'm reading now: Black Swan Green by David Mitchell. I hope the British vocab. won't put kids off as it is a wonderful read.

What the future holds: Lots of workshopping. I will be heading out to the wilds of B.C. again giving workshops on Information Literacy and promoting the Web in the Classroom book produced by North Vancouver School District. I'll be putting together some web2.0 sessions which I am very excited about.

No comments: