Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Prep Day


I've spent most of today prepping for a series of upcoming workshops on using web2.0 applications. Some of the invaluable tools I use every day and will talk about are:

del.icio.us to bookmark sites for each workshop, to provide resource suggestions to students.

jing, skitch and kwout to mark up and annotate screenshots. I just discovered kwout and love the way it links back to the original page. I can see using this a lot when I put up information for students in the school blog. Here's an example:



I found that I had to pump up the size in the box at the left to full power or the quote was unreadably small.

Toondo is another favourite which the students love.
VoiceThread and of course Google Docs and Google Notebook.

My list of new applications to explore grows every time I check my RSS feed. For now, I'll stick to what I know and use and hope to get lots of other folks excited about using them too.

No comments: