Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Break Reading



Like a hungry guest at the buffet I tend to overload my reading plate when it comes to holiday time.  This year I have selected:

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan a fictionalized account of Mamah Cheney's affair with Frank Lloyd Wright

Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier  - Based on the Beauty and Beast legends from a masterful fantasy writer.

Vanishing and other short stories by Deborah Willis

Nikolski by Nicolas Dickner is one of the contenders for Canada Reads.

The Golden Mean by Annabel Lyon - Life through Aristotle's eyes.

Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann

Gone by Michael Grant for the YA crowd.

The Philosopher and the Wolf by Mark Rowlands

And just so that I don't forget what my real passion is, Rethinking Education in the Age of Technology by Allan Collins and Richard Halverson.

With a fire going and lots of chocolates and eggnog close at hand I might just make it!  I'll let you know which ones get my seal of approval.

2 comments:

Cathy Jo Nelson said...

Yes, you were the inspiration behind my post. Thanks for providing the details that 140 characters and a picture just cannot always do.

Miss M said...

Heart's Blood and Rethinking Education in the Age of Technology both intrigue me . . . I'll be curious to hear what you think about them.