Sunday, January 18, 2009

Letting the Light Shine Through

Fog

Sometimes I have to talk myself into doing what's good for me. Take today. We haven't seen the sun in at least a week. Dense fog blanketed the city and seeped into my mind. I got out of the habit of walking, just as I have got out of the habit of blogging. I was in a January funk.

So I finally grabbed the camera and headed up the trail through the forest. I was rewarded with fresh clean air and the sight of the sun streaming through the tress. It was an hour well spent.

Overheard in the Library This Week:
- Oh look, here's a picture of the Pentagon. It's shaped like an octagon.
- I bet Mrs. E. listens to heavy metal when there's no one around.

Honestly, I don't make these things up! I think the math department has some work to do.

2 comments:

Miss M said...

Great post! I can comiserate on the January funk . . . I'm definitely in one . . . time for me to snap out of it:)

MrsE said...

Thanks for the comment. What a difference a few days of sunshine can make.