Sunday, January 25, 2009

Problem Solving

On Twitter today someone pointed me to The Teacher's Life on YouTube.  This teacher of Gr. 2 students is asking people to send his class math problems to solve.  I decided to have a little fun and created the VoiceThread problem below.
For a clearer view go to VoiceThread.


Fast forward to Monday morning. When I checked my email there was a lovely reply from the Math teacher:
"Ohhhhh this is perfect.... thanks so much for taking the time to do this!
They will love it:) ". This made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

On a little ego trip I re-visited the VoiceThread I had created and lo and behold a teacher in Indonesia had already located the VoiceThread and left a comment,
"Hi grade 2 in AZ. Good luck with this problem. Maybe our gr. 2 kids can give you some problems. I'll ask them tomorrow. We live in Indonesia and go to Jakarta International School. Look that up on the map."

Now how cool is that? A small amount of playtime on my part produced a connection between two classes half a world away from each other. I love web2.0!

No comments: