Saturday, August 11, 2007

A few Drafts - Revitalized

I just noticed that I had several drafts sitting idle and so have decided to put the pertinent bits into one post.

What is Web 2.0 and how do you use it? In my readings lately I have come across a number of viewpoints describing in some detail what 'proper use' of Web 2.0 applications would consist of. I see things differently. The question that comes to my mind is: How can I use this technology in a meaningful way (for me or my students) and what is it's potential. I love to learn about all the wonderful things a new application can do for me but that doesn't mean I will use all those features. For instance, I use a wiki for the workshops I give. It's not a collaborative effort, just me posting useful videos, links and lesson ideas. I will be showing a teacher in my school how to use a wiki with her students next week. For her, the collaborative model will work well.

Be sure to check out:
The NY Times has published its
100 Notable Books of 2008 list.

Yalsa's Popular Paperbacks Lists for 2008 and 2007YALSA's Popular Paperbacks lists for 2007. They make great starting points for quick brochures or web lists.

No comments: