Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wiki Wonders


This morning when I checked my RSS feeds I saw Vicki Davis' invitation to attend, virtually, the workshop sessions she is giving in Illinois over the next two days. This was an opportunity for me to try something new so I tuned into her uStream presentation on using wikis. It was an amazing hour.

I have been using wikispaces for a few months now and am impressed with how easy it is for a beginner to use and the number of features it offers. Vicki taught me so much more. She set up a page with worksheets that made it easy to follow along and jot down notes as her presentation was broadcast live. She also set up a backchannel chat using Chatzy which allowed participants, attending the presentation live or virtually, to ask questions and share information. Her moderator was excellent. He provided links, answered questions and passed information on to Vicki. Very impressive!

This was a master teacher modelling best practice. If you have the time, tune in to her presentation tomorrow on Web2.0 teaching. It starts at 8:45 PST.

Image used under a Creative Commons Licence:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ross/18268758/sizes/s/
by Ross Mayfield

1 comment:

Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher said...

Thank you so much for mentioning this. We will be ustreaming the presentations today. It makes me feel good that you were able to extract this from the ustream and the event. Thank you for the compliments!